The present church was built in 1757/1758 in place of an older church. Only an impressive baroque gravestone remains of this building, which can be found today on the southern wall of the church. In 1906 the church burned down because it was forgotten to put out the candles. It was restored in 1907, but almost nothing could be saved from the baroque interior. It was repaired in 1959, but is not in good condition today.
In the cemetery around the church there are some very old graves (see also below).