The late 17th-century house named "Gottessegen" (God's blessing), also known as the "Kügelgenhaus", is in the Innere Neustadt. The portraitist and history painter Gerhard von Kügelgen (1772-1820) and his family came to live on the second floor of this house in the late summer of 1808. Here the Kügelgenhaus, the museum of Dresden Romanticism, has been located since 1981. In each of nine thematically arranged rooms, a significant phase of Dresden's cultural and intellectual history during the 18th or 19th century is brought to life. To give a representative impression of middle-class social life around 1800, the visitor is introduced to the circle surrounding Christian Gottfried Körner, chief councillor of the consistory at Dresden, as well as the von Kügelgen family and their guests.
The Kügelgenhaus can also be completely explored virtually.