The church was built in 1742 as a result of the conversion of a late medieval original building, which shows a long, narrow nave, two small ridge turrets and a massive west tower from the late Gothic period. The retracted choir from around 1600 is spanned by two net vaults in late Gothic forms. A sacristy on the north side of the choir dates back to the Middle Ages. Restorations were carried out in 1932 and 1979/80.
The showpiece of the village church in Reinhardtsgrimma is the Silbermann organ. It was consecrated on 6 January 1731 by the Dresden Kreuzkirche organist Emanuel Behnisch.