Opened in 1992, the visitor mine gives visitors access to the mine Tiefe-Bünau-Stollen, which was excavated in 1686 by the noble family of Bünau. The almost 3 km long tour leads underground to the German-Czech border.
The traditional mining in this region was initially limited to the extraction of tin ores, in the middle of the 19th century the mining of tungsten ores was added, and since 1890 "Zinnwaldite" (lithium mica) was also mined until the end of the 2nd World War. The Tiefe-Bünau-Stollen, which was started in 1686, was the most important mine for all Zinnwald mining areas and thus the lifeline for mining activities on both sides of the state border.
At the end of the 2nd World War, mining in Zinnwald was stopped due to the exhaustion of ore reserves. It was not until 1990 that mining operations in Cinovec on the Czech side were also discontinued. In the years 1990-1992, extensive mining safety and preparation work in the Tiefen-Bünau-Stollen created a spatially very extensive visitor mine.
A tour of the visitor gallery takes 1.5 hours.