Euroregion Elbe/Labe

Bergkirche "Holy Cross" Tharandt

Hall church from the 17th century towering over Tharandt

The large hall church with a preceding west tower is visible from afar on a high mountain spur above the valley of the Weißeritz and was built on the site of the abraded lower castle of Tharandt Castle using older building fabric in the years 1626-1630. After the fire of 1807 the interior and the tower were renewed. Restorations were carried out in 1927 (interior) and 1979/1980 (exterior and interior).

Address

Kirchweg 4-6
01737 Tharandt

Opening hours

During the summer months

Sat/Sun: 14:00 - 16:00

Arrival

Tharandt train station directions_railway directions_bus with regular S-Bahn connections to Dresden is about 800 m away on foot.

From the bus stop "Tharandt, Dresdner Straße" directions_railway directions_bus it is only 350 m.

Parking is available below the church on the market square and at the intersection to the east, both about 200 m away.

ProCache: v401 Render date: 2024-05-27 15:14:21 Page render time: 3.9741s Total w/ProCache: 3.9774s