The castle-like building, which originated from a manor house around 1608, is almost undecorated. It has two floors and is equipped with a hipped, slate roof and three standing dormers. In front of the main front is an octagonal stair tower.
After 1949, the castle was converted for use as a retirement home. Unfortunately, the character of the interior was lost. When a fire broke out in 1985, which destroyed part of the farm buildings, they had to be demolished afterwards. So only the castle, the annexes and the sheds and farm buildings opposite remained. For many years - until 2016 - the building stood empty.
After that Dr. Konstantin Hermann, a historian from Frauenstein, bought the castle Naundorf. With him, life returned to the old walls for the first time in years. Even if clearance and demolition work has priority for the time being, Dr. Hermann's goal is to remove fixtures and fittings that were made for the nursing home and to restore the original character of the castle. Dr. Hermann is also happy to lead a hiker's group through the rooms if they happen to pass by and knock at the door in curiosity.