In 1947, in gratitude for the support of the Meissen Porcelain Manufactory in the reconstruction of its recreation home "Misnia", the municipality of Bärenfels received the Meissen porcelain bells and in return undertook to build a bell tower with carillon. Due to the post-war situation, however, this was only done a few years later. Technically, the bell tower was equipped with an electrically pneumatic playing apparatus with a manual keyboard. For the construction of the carillon the "Commission for Carillon" was founded. On September 18, 1955 the carillon was solemnly consecrated.
Today, well-known local melodies sound on the full hour every day.